Monday 24 October 2011

Don't just look cool

Just watched the latest Jared Polin Video about a quote from 1927 which i have been saying all along. When i first joined my local camera club and there was 5 of us in the beginners section i had the "crappy" camera the lowest spec a Canon 400D while the rest had 7D and 5D thinking they were so cool to have such a great camera but the fact is they had no idea of how to use them and how to make it work for them hell 3 of them kept it on auto just go buy a point and shoot ffs. I have had my camera for almost 2yrs now and been lucky enough to shoot some great events from Pro Boxing, premier football, Gigs with full access and i still get looked at as if im a beginner which is fine by me because i know my camera inside and out almost, they are still trying to figure out how the camera will take better pictures for them and in truth it's a partnership and im still learning but as i get to know my gear it get to know me i understand what it is capable of and how i can use that in any situation i do get it wrong from time to time but that's the point to learn, maybe some time next year i will upgrade but only when i'm ready and not just to look cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment